/ Asked by Rose
I want to study the chemistry of various medicines and how they affect the chemistry of the brain. I am especially interested in mental health - the chemistry pertaining to it and medicines used to treat it. I am not great with people. Whatever I do, I plan to go to community college for 2 years before a university. Which major (and minor) should I study, and which career should I pursue?
Answered by Wendy, Hiring Expert at Pitney Bowes, on Wednesday, August 2, 2017
My suggestion is to consult with a college adviser.  They will put you on the right track with your classes and ultimate goals.
Answered by Rachael, Hiring Expert at Merck & Co., Inc., on Friday, August 25, 2017
It sounds like pharmacology or toxicology could be a good major choice, maybe with a minor in psychology or public health. Pharmacologists study the effects of chemicals and drugs on the body, and that seems like it meshes well with your interests.
Real Time Web Analytics